The amazing Dusherra Festival Sunday 20th October.
The amazing Dusherra Festival Sunday 20th October.
Twisted Tails are thrilled that Devi Mamak will be teaching in Edinburgh on October 18th, 19th & 20th. Susan and Elaine (Katra) are hosting this fantastic teacher. Check out www. katratribal.com for details.
Today we danced for a very good cause: Erskine House in Edinburgh. It was a very hot day and saw us perform fan veils for the first time.
The Bellydance Scotland dancers were lucky enough to have the very talented photographer Jon Davey in the theatre for the dress rehearsal and show. Here are a selection of his photographs of Twisted Tails during the show.
Twisted Tails were delighted to be part of both sections of the Bellydance Scotland Show 15th June 2013 at Pleasance Theatre Edinburgh. The first half, directed by the fabulous Moyra Banks, was a showcase of some of the best Scottish Bellydancers and some of Twisted Tails joined Katra on stage for the tribal section of the show. In the second half the whole troupe showcased their beautiful new skirt routine alongside other Scottish bellydance groups.
Leith Festival Opening Night 8th June 2013 saw a few firsts for us. Jayne officially joined and danced as our newest troupe member and the whole troupe danced a flowing and colourful skirt routine. It was the first outing of this years sword dance and of course we had fun with our ATS®
Several members of Twisted Tails are honoured to be taking part in the Bellydance Scotland Show in Edinburgh June 15th, alongside an amazing array of local dancers.
What better event to show off our amalgamation of cultures than a day in Edinburgh devoted to the multi-cultural diversity within the city. In our dance we have Arabic, Indian and Flamenco dance with a hint of Scottish flair.
This pack contains:
12 ladies of assorted ages and sizes
300 yards of lightweight cotton material in bright colours
Five dozen tassels
24 false eyelashes
A zillion cowrie shells
More than a few sequins
A tangle of scarves
Assorted old tat
12 music collections (good quality is not guaranteed)
1. Take one of your ladies and set her aside (for the remainder of these instructions she will be referred to as “She Who Must Be Obeyed/SWMBO”).
2. Arrange the rest of your ladies (for the remainder of these instructions they will be referred to as “Those Whom She Loves/TWSL”) around your floor in groups of two/three and four.
3. Your SWMBO will be supplied already programmed to shout “ELBOWS!” at TWSL until TWSL are fully compliant.
4. Clothe your SWMBO and TWSL (collectively “Twisted Tails/TT”) in layers of the lightweight cotton, tassels, cowrie shells, eyelashes etc .etc. Feel free to fling on any other old tat as you see fit.
5. Re-attach any stray eyelashes.
6. Repeat No 5.
7. Carefully place the scimitars on the TT heads. This can be tricky as TT’s are scavengers and while you are not looking they will cover their heads in what may look like the debris from the Rio Carnival.
8. Scimitars will fall off. Your TT’s can retrieve and replace them themselves, be aware that this will involve an element of bad language.
9. You will notice that you have 4 scimitars leftover. Don’t worry, there is always something leftover. Other users have found that attaching spare scimitars to “Dreadlock TT” does not seem to impair her function.
10. Ensure your TT’s spend hours scouring their 12 music collections for their favourite tracks.
11. Instruct your TT’s to commence dancing to SWMBO’s favourite track.
12. Your pack will contain a couple of small squabbles. These should be used sparingly. They serve no purpose, won’t last for long and should be discarded as soon as possible.
13. Your TT’s are now ready to be delivered to your chosen venue. Be careful when packing them in to their transportation as bits tend to fall off.
14. Ensure that the climate in your chosen venue is either tropical or arctic. TT’s are not used to the temperature being “just right” and they will become confused.
15. Check that your TT’s have been switched to “Performance Mode” and place them on the dance floor. Any quality of flooring will do as TT’s feet have been specially formed to endure all manner of ghastly surfaces.
16. Your TT’s will automatically smile when they commence their performance. Don’t be alarmed, these smiles are in fact completely real.
17. Luxury Tribal Pack’s will also contain a fully assembled photographer who has been trained to ignore all “girl talk”. You should ignore his bored look (this bored look is completely real) and invite him to every TT performance. Afterwards he will reward you with a stunning record of the amazing fun you have had.
18. For an additional charge we can supply a photographer’s assistant (“PA”). The PA in this pack is our compact version and is particularly adept with a video recorder.
19. And finally, we have included a bag of laughter. You could sprinkle this liberally over your completed TT’s , but you will be wasting your time. Your TT’s will already be laughing.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 7,600 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 13 years to get that many views.